måndag 24 september 2012

(VIdeo) Metric on Writing for Robert Pattinson Films

Metric on Writing for Robert Pattinson Films - Fuse Music Week Live from Radio City Music Hall
 Before we caught Metric's amazing set last night at Radio City Music Hall as part of Fuse Music Week, members Emily Haines and James Shaw gave a wide-ranging interview to Yasmine Richard about creating the band's latest album Synthetica (expanding on our recent Q&A with the singer),meeting Lou Reed, hanging out with Robert Pattinson and Haines' first trip to Radio City to see Dionne Warwick.
"My parents brought me in and it really cracks me up because fluorescent was really in at that time and then this summer, when it came around New York, I was like, ‘I can’t. I’m not doing this, you guys,'" says Haines. "This happened the year that I went to see Dionne Warwick. I’m not going back."
Haines also dispelled oft-told stories about Reed's storied crankiness. “There’s a real chemistry with us," Haines says of Reed, who joined the group last night for "The Wanderlust" and Velvet Underground's "Pale Blue Eyes." "The thing that people have misunderstood about Lou Reed throughout his life is that he’s a very kind man. He doesn’t have any patience, at least in the stage of his life that I’m meeting him in, for any kind of bulls—t. He’s a really warm guy.”
The same can be said for Robert Pattinson, whose films Twilight: Eclipse and Cosmopolis have both featured music from the band. "We ended up meeting the guy and hanging out with him and he’s a really good person," Haines says. "He’s become a bit of a friend,” adds Shaw.
Cosmopolis Soundtrack http://howerecords.com/cosmopolis/

Follow @Metric
 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...